Metasploit mailing list archives

Reporting, masterserver-sensor-architecture and some other stuff

From: lex001 at gmx.de (Dennis Günnewig)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:14:41 +0100

Hi,

First of all I would like you to thank you for writing such an cool and
powerful tool. As getting to know it much better step by step, some more
questions arose.

This time they are considering reporting,
masterserver-sensor-architecture and some other stuff.

1) Are there any decisions taken about the integration of the
correlation engine up to now? I searched the mailing list, but the last
posts concerning this issue were in october 2005 ([framework] Extending
Metaploit 3.0 to Vulnerability Scanning / msg00621.html). Furthermore
there's a point about checking and not exploting a security hole
mentioned. Any news about this issue?

2) Also known from other pentests tools is the possibility to use a
masterserver controlling and updating modules of several sensors. Are
there any modules planned using the msf-deamon controlling and using
subversion or unison updating the sensors?

3) Currently using a combination of wget and grep to search the
mailinglist archive for interessting post or already posted infos, a
possibility to search inside the mailing list archives would be nice.

Whishes, whishes, whishes. I'm sure there is not enough time to realize
all the points mentioned. Please see it as some (interesting) ideas.

Thx for attention
Best regards

Dennis Guennewig