Metasploit mailing list archives

Legal question (Metasploit Framework License v1.1)

From: tomb at byrneit.net (Tomas L. Byrnes)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:28:08 -0800

Come on, give the kid a break. HD and co aren't going to go after him for his thesis.

He's a STUDENT. $50 is what he gets to spend on his girlfriend for Christmas.

Heck they didn't go after me for the SANS tooltalk, cuz I bet it gave them more publicity. (And I would have paid a
license boys, but no-one asked for it.)