Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Framework Updates

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:17:23 +0200

H D Moore a ?crit :
Hello everyone,

I just pushed out a new round of updates for version 2.6 of the Metasploit
Framework. This update includes new exploits, new features, and massive
bug fixes. If it wasn't 3:00am on my birthday I would try for a 2.7
release :-)

New exploits:

netapi_ms06-040:
 - This exploit module should work against all Windows 2000 systems and
Windows XP SP0 and SP1. It will not work on XP SP2 or 2003 SP1. There is
a slim chance it can work with modification on 2003 SP0 and NT 4.0 SP6.
The automatic target should be reliable for most users. The cool thing
about this exploit is how it uses a strcpy call to place the shellcode
into a static buffer and then return straight back into it. I have
another version of this exploit that uses a more traditional exploit
method, but there doesn't seem to be much point in releasing it now.

Enjoy!

-HD

eeye scanner:
http://www.eeye.com/html/resources/downloads/audits/NetApi.html