Metasploit mailing list archives

Info...

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 03:55:59 -0500

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 09:25:44AM +0100, Karan Ahluwalia wrote:
Hello...
  All those great people out their . I m new to Metasploit Framework.
  Please suggest me some references to improve my knowledge in the security field.

First, I'd recommend that you focus less (far less) on the element of
hacking and more on understanding the basics.  You can't build a tree
without a trunk, let alone a system of roots.  Start by reading books
and articles on programming, systems architecture, and so on.  These
will provide you with the fundamental basis that you need.

  Also , I searched for exploit of PureFTPD in metasploit ...But unable to find it.

Metasploit is a BYOE (Bring Your Own Exploits) framework.  If you don't
find an exploit you're looking for you can write it, and send it back
for us, and chances are we'll integrate into the framework.  When we
have time, we (mostly HD) also write exploits ourselves, but the keyword
is when :)

  To be Honest , I want to hack a website called www.hackingmobilephones.com

I'm afraid we can't (and won't) help you there.  I'd encourage you to
find a better way to spend your time.