Metasploit mailing list archives

Vulnerabilities Doubts

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:41:28 -0500

Chapolin,

This may not be the right list for you. We assume that our users already
understand networking before trying to use the framework. The framework
exploit includes an embedded web server, all you need to do is make sure
the target can access it and send them a link. The link would be in the
form of http://<your_address>:8080/. If you are behind a firewall and
your friend is not on your local network, you will need to configure a
port-forward to map your external address to your machine. Figuring out
your IP address and configuring a firewall is outside the scope of this
list :-)

-HD