Metasploit mailing list archives

Winamp Playlist UNC Path Computer Name Overflow

From: nicob at nicob.net (Nicob)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:44:33 +0100

Le mardi 31 janvier 2006 ? 08:44 -0600, H D Moore a ?crit :

The biggest reason is reliability, we try not to include any module
that doesn't consistently pass our own testing. I have been thinking
about ways to address this and wondered if a new option to 'msfupdate'
to pull download 'beta' modules would be useful to anyone?

Exploit reliability is imo very important because it makes this
framework a really professional toolkit. But having beta/untested
modules available and knowing they're in beta (via a flag) could be very
useful. It should too be possible to list (in msfcli, msfweb, ...) only
the stable modules.

Btw, the modules quickly ported from v2 to v3 could first fit in this
beta category, in order to avoid unperfectly working exploits labelled
as "stable".

Nicob