Metasploit mailing list archives

few questions

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:01:23 -0600

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 08:49:15AM -0800, solata wrote:
hello ... just a few questions that popped out :

 -- why msfupdate doesnt update my exploits ? it just
updated itself and memdump.exe ?

msfupdate should update your exploits without issue.  Try renaming one
of the exploits in the exploit directory and run msfupdate.  See if it
downloads again.

 -- i was trying to use wmf exploit. it works ok if i
target
the internet, but if i target local network, payload
gets send
and executed, but reverse shell fails (all connectback
shellcodes fail) ... any reason why this happens, or
is it just my network ?

This is probably related to a firewall or NAT set up (where the
attacking machine is not directly reachable by the machine on the local
network).

 -- all exploits written for framework are on the
webpage ? or are
there some "non-offical" arround ?

There are some exploits floating around that are either non-public or
are not submitted to the framework.  In general, we try to incorporate
exploit submissions as much as possible.