Metasploit mailing list archives

Queries on CABRIGHTSTOR exploit

From: 3shool at gmail.com (3 shool)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:06:05 +0530

Dear All,

This is my first email to the list and let me thank Metasploit team for the
wonderfull work.

I hope to contribute to the project in future.

At this point I'm doing a Penetration testing for 2 servers.

The first server was running a vulnerable version of CA licencing server and
I was able to get a remote shell using relevant exploit in metasploit.

The second server is vulnerable to CA brightstor universal agent, as
reported by Nessus and verified once again by another scam. The framework
has a relevant exploit named "cabrightstor_uniagent" to exploit this
vulnerability. The remote OS is WIndows 2000 and the service is listening on
default 6050 port. I ran the exploit with magic target and all available
payloads, one by one, but this one is not able to exploit the remote
service. I feel I might have done somthing wrong hence I tried all
possibilities a couple of time but no luck!

Here is what I gave:

LHOST: my local machine IP 192.168.1.3 <http://192.168.1.3>
RHOST: vulnerable servers IP
TARGET: 0
PAYLOAD: win32, win32_reverse_ord, win32_reverse_ord_vncinject
CMD: dir

Pls help where I'm going wrong.

Thnks