Metasploit mailing list archives

Running a exploit in 3.0

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:16:17 -0600

Hello,

Please send msf-3 related questions to msfdev at metasploit.com or the new
framework-beta mailing list. To subcribe to framework-beta, send a blank
message to framework-beta-subscribe at metasploit.com. We anticipate a high
volume of bug reports and don't want to spam the main framework list of
over 1,000 people.

The msfconsole interface in version 3.0 does indeed have an exploit
command. The command also takes arguments, so if you want to run an
exploit and override the environment option for a specific payload,
target, encoder, or nop, you can do the following:

msf > exploit -e EncoderName -t TargetIndex -p PayloadName

Not sure why aren't seeing 'exploit', could be you haven't selected an
exploit with the 'use' command first.

-HD