Metasploit mailing list archives

making your own payload

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:09:28 -0600

Just a heads up - the new Meterpreter SAM module will be pushed out to
msfupdate and the snapshot sometime this week. Vinnie is finishing up a
few advisories first and wants to release it all at once. A few people
have tested it (myself included) and it works great - just use
Meterpreter as the payload, use -m Sam, and then execute the function to
dump the local password hashes.

On a side note, I recommend that people avoid win32_*_upexec payloads and
use Meterpreter's Fs/Process modules instead. MSF3's new 'stdapi' module
now includes all of the features of MSF2, plus some new ones (go
skape!) :-)

-HD