Metasploit mailing list archives

Suggestion : Providing the DATE for exploits

From: tnagareshwar at gmail.com (Nagareshwar Talekar)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:44:42 +0530

Hi all,.

First off all , my thanks to all the developers of MSF for making such a
wonderful product.

Here is the suggestion to include DATE field for exploits. The DATE field
will indicate when the vulnerability was actually found or may be when the
exploit was developed. This is very useful feature that will greatly help
pen testing guys to attempt
latest exploits without wasting time on trying on old exploits.

The date need not be exact as there will be multiple phases in vulnerablilty
disclosure.

The date field can be included in one of the 2 ways
When one type "info <xyz exploit>" . We can have additional field
called "Birth Time" which will indicate when the vulnerability was
actually published or reported.

when one type "show exploits" we can add one more field called "Birth
Time" . This will be more better than previous solution.
as one can just look at date and choose the exploit..

Though its some additional work....it will add great value to the MSF.

Looking for the dates in next release :)

Thanks again..

--
With Regards
Nagareshwar