Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: [BUG?]vuln.c quits by saying " read: Bad address"

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:52:45 -0500

Any chance you are testing this on Red Hat Linux 9+ or Fedora Core? We
need to rewrite that tutorial so that it works with the stack protection
and address randomization features...

-HD

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 21:37, Phyo Arkar Lwin wrote:
Hi there;

 I am learning exploit tutorial and when i send data to it , it quits
by saying

(gdb) run/
Starting program: /home/v3ss0n/framework-2.4/sdk/docs
/vuln1.out
read: Bad address

Program exited with code 01.

/no segmentation fault .it always exits witht that message , even if i
send one character.
i tried both normally and with gdb , also both with nc and metasploit
vuln1_1.

can anyone fix me on that please..