Metasploit mailing list archives

encoders ascii free

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:43:26 -0500

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 05:27:02AM -0400, Robert Hudock wrote:
I was wondering if any of the encoders found within the framework
generate only ascii safe hex codes?

I'm assuming by ascii you meant 7bit.  There is a port of SkyLined's
Alpha2 encoder that is capable of generating purely alphanumeric
payloads on win32.  Other implementations are entirely alphanumeric
excluding code to geteip.

Also, does anyone have a flowchart or other diagram showing the
interaction between the various framework modules?

There aren't any flowcharts that I'm aware of, but some of the
presentations that spoonm and HD have done have outlined the way the
framework works and interacts (check metasploit.com for slides), if you
have some specific questions we can try to answer them.