Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: testing Windows 2k SP4

From: neil-on-metasploit at restricted.dyndns.org (Neil)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:04:20 -0600

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the answer. I actually did what you have mentioned. I couldn't
remember what payload it was but it does show that SP4 is listed. I tried
selecting SP4 as the TARGET machine since my machine was running on SP4.
Unfortunately, when I tried it, I was not able to successfully get a prompt
or whatever payload I select.

Jerome ATHIAS writes:

 > Hello everyone,

What module that comes with 2.2 will allow us to check if Win2k SP4 is

vulnerable? I would like to test a couple of our test servers.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil,

the exploits included in the MSF 2.2 target specific Programs or Services
you can use the 'show exploits' command in the MSFconsole to see the list
if some of the programs/services listed are installed/present on your servers, you can use the 'info' command to see
the specific informations on an exploit (as they are all nicely structured you'll get the 'Target OS' information +
Description and URL references)

NOTE: maybe the 'Target OS' field could be more detailed and a 'show targets' or 'show exploits -t' option could be
helpfull; what the twins HD & spoon think about it? if i can help...

Regards,
Jerome

--EOF--null

C est le moment de dynamiser votre bo?te mail en d?couvrant les offres CaraMail Max et Pro - http://www.caramail.com