Metasploit mailing list archives

problem using Framework 2.2

From: arcangel at phreaker.net (Arcangel)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:15:08 -0300

Hi list,

I installed the new framework 2.2 for windows (a clean install, not
updating). I have some problems using it.
When I try to run an exploit this is the message I recieved:

(with the wind32_reverse payload):
(*)Could not start listener: Operation not permitted.

I tried with another payload (win32_bind):
(*)Starting Bind Handler.
(*)Error Creating socket: Connection failed: Operation not permitted.
(*)Exiting Bind Handler.

And when I run MSFupdate I recieved this message:

(*)Could not connect to metasploit.com: Operation not permitted

The metasploit framework is running on  windows XP SP1 with the "windows
shared internet connection" and I have no firewall. (It could be that it not
be able to find the correct interface (IP) to go out to internet????) I
really dont know whats its wrong.... please. :-)

Thanks..
Arc.