Information Security News mailing list archives

Malware disrupts Tribune Publishing newspaper production

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 09:19:23 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-computer-virus-tribune-publishing-20181229-story.html

By Robert Channick
Chicago Tribune
December 29, 2018

A computer virus disrupted production of the Chicago Tribune and other Tribune Publishing newspapers across the country, the company said Saturday.

The print edition of the Chicago Tribune was published Saturday without paid death notices and classified ads, while in other markets a similarly slimmed-down version of the Saturday newspaper will be delivered on Sunday.

Tribune Publishing news websites were not affected, and no customer information was compromised, the company said Saturday.

"This issue has affected the timeliness and in some cases the completeness of our printed newspapers," Tribune Publishing spokeswoman Marisa Kollias said in a statement. "Our websites and mobile applications however, have not been impacted."

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/