Information Security News mailing list archives

Flint hospital hit with cyber attack after hacker group Anonymous promises action on water crisis

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:16:18 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/flint-hospital-hit-cyber-attack-after-hacker-group-anonymous-promises-action-water-crisis

By Mike Miliard
Health Care IT News
January 25, 2016

Flint, Michigan-based Hurley Medical Center was targeted with a cyber attack this past week, soon after the hacktivist group Anonymous released a video promising "justice" for the city's ongoing water crisis.

The attack was confirmed by the hospital on Jan. 21.

"Hurley Medical Center has IT systems in place, which aid in detecting a virus or cyber attack," spokeswoman Ilene Cantor said, according to MLive. "As such, all policies and protocols were followed in relation to the most-recent cyber attack on our system. Patient care was not compromised and we are closely monitoring all systems to ensure IT security is consistently maintained."

Anonymous' posted a video online launching what it dubbed the #OpFlint campaign.

[...]

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.