Information Security News mailing list archives

Full Adult Friend Finder database offered up for $17k worth of bitcoins

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:37:27 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2925849/malware-cybercrime/full-adult-friend-finder-database-offered-up-for-17k-worth-of-bitcoins.html

By Jeremy Kirk
IDG News Service
May 24, 2015

An unredacted version of a database said to be stolen from Adult Friend Finder is being offered for sale for 70 bitcoins, or around $17,000.

ROR[RG], the nickname of the person who claims to have breached the large online hookup site, wrote on Saturday in an underground forum that "I have had so many people ask me to buy the db today."

Seeking to capitalize on the momentum, ROR[RG] -- who claims to live in Thailand -- also offered to break into any company or website for 750 bitcoins, worth about $170,000.

Fifteen files of data purported to come from Adult Friend Finder were posted to an underground forum in March. The files contained 3.9 million email addresses and in some cases the partner preference, gender, birth date, state, post code, language preference and IP address of users.

[...]

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.