Information Security News mailing list archives

Battling Cyber Attacks In Israel, One Simulation At A Time

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 09:04:09 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafrenkel/battling-cyber-attacks-in-israel-one-simulation-at-a-time

By Sheera Frenkel
BuzzFeed Staff
October 30, 2013

CAESARIA, Israel -- Three hackers sit in a darkened room, grey hoodies pulled over their faces and glowing computer screens lighting up the rapid typing of their fingers. Graffiti covers the walls around them quoting Anonymous and other hacking collectives.

It may be a cliched picture of hacking today -- but this Israeli company swears their hacking simulator is the best way to train modern-day corporations in how to fend off cyber attacks.

"We all come from that world, we have real life training in it -- not some theoretical or academic knowledge that may or may not happen," said Ofir Hason, CEO of Cybergym, an Israeli company that celebrated its official launch Wednesday as a training area for defense against cyber attacks.

The company has already been up and running for three months, and has trained clients from Europe, the U.S., and Asia on how to protect themselves against cyberterrorism.

[...]

--
Find the best InfoSec talent without breaking your
recruiting budget! Post a Job, $99 for 31 days.