Information Security News mailing list archives

Microsoft delivers early warning with latest Patch Tuesday

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 07:22:05 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240203559/Microsoft-delivers-early-warning-with-latest-Patch-Tuesday

By Cliff Saran
ComputerWeekly.com

Microsoft is updating its Patch Tuesday releases to give customers and security software firms advanced notice before hackers can exploit holes in Windows code.

"Microsoft will be giving select companies like Trustwave a few extra days of advance notification for the upcoming month of bulletins so that we have a little extra time to develop protections for our customers before the bad guys can reverse engineer the patches and come out with exploits," said Ziv Mador, director of security research at Trustwave.

Microsoft is also providing lists of malicious URLs, file hashes, incident data and relevant detection guidance as part of the revamped programme.

The latest Patch Tuesday release is likely to keep IT managers busy during the summer lull, with three critical updates included.

[...]

--
Find the best InfoSec talent without breaking your budget!
Post a Job! $99 for 31 days