Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Book Review: Network Security Architectures by Sean Convery

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:09:32 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Ido Dubrawsky <idubraws () cisco com>

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:00:08AM -0500, InfoSec News wrote:
Forwarded from: Gary Hinson <gary () isect com>

%T      Network Security Architectures - expert guidance on designing secure networks
%A      Sean Convery CCIE
%I      Cisco Press, IN, USA
%D      April 2004
%G      ISBN 158705115X
%P      739 pages
%O      $55 from www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/158705115X/wwwnoticeborc-20

The book is liberally sprinkled with URLs to useful additional
resources although I fear some of them will be out of date before this
book is out of print (an accompanying reference website might have
been useful, Cisco!).  Each chapter concludes with exam-style review
questions (with answers) and further questions intended to stimulate
the reader to think about the material in their local organizational
context. The topic almost inevitably involves loads of acronyms so
thankfully a succinct glossary is included.

I wanted to forward this bit of information from Sean Convery (the
author of the book) to the list regarding the request for an
accompanying reference website for the book:

: Thanks for sending the review along. I'm very glad folks are finding
: the book useful. One small point of note: the reference website
: requested does indeed exist. I reference it in the preface. All the
: links in URL form are posted here:
:
: http://www.seanconvery.com/nsalinks.html
:
: There's also some other book related stuff off of the root,
: including a sample chapter and a repository for errata as we find
: it.
:
: Thanks again,
:
: Sean

Ido
--
                        | Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP   E-mail: idubraws () cisco com
     |          |       | Network Security Architect
    :|:        :|:      | VSEC Technical Marketing, SAFE Architecture Team
   :|||:      :|||:     | Cisco Systems, Inc.
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.  | Silver Spring, MD. 20902