Information Security News mailing list archives

Inside the Ring: Edwards shut down

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:40:16 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.washtimes.com/national/inring.htm

By Bill Gertz and Rowan Scarborough
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

[...]

Edwards shut down

Computer systems at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., were shut down
this week as a result of the "Blaster" computer worm.

The desert base is home to the Air Force Flight Test Center, which
conducts work on the B-2 and B-1B bombers, the airborne laser, the
Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle, the new F-22 Raptor jet fighter,
the Joint Strike Fighter and other high-tech weapons.

"We stopped access to our base computer network Monday about 2 p.m.
because of the Blaster worm," said Air Force Lt. Col. Kerry Humphrey,
a base spokeswoman.

"We don't know how much damage was done, but we're slowly but surely
getting our system back on line."

[...]

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.