Information Security News mailing list archives

Lockheed Martin wins FBI contract

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 03:20:34 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: William Knowles <wk () c4i org>

http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2003/0825/web-fbi-08-27-03.asp

By Randall Edwards
Aug. 27, 2003

Lockheed Martin received a $140 million contract from the FBI today to
support the development of new security for the bureau's computers and
networks.

As part of the five-year agreement, Lockheed Martin will support the
new Technology Infusion Program, designed to ensure programs and
systems are properly secured against threats. The program is part of
the FBI's effort to mitigate risk and reduce vulnerabilities of
critical assets, according to Lockheed officials.

"Today the cyberthreats against our government systems are real. We
stand prepared to help the FBI in its efforts to protect these most
sensitive assets," said Linda Gooden, president of Lockheed Martin
Information Technology.

Lockheed Martin's IT unit, which also manages the network
infrastructure at the Pentagon and develops software applications to
aid the Social Security Administration payment process, will help
introduce advanced technology safeguards to protect the FBI's systems.

The company also operates the FBI's System of Systems in West Virginia
and is working to update the network at that facility, which is home
to the bureau's Criminal Justice Information Services Division.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.