Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: Best Buy hit by WLAN snooping

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 03:43:08 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Times Enemy <times () krr org>

Greetings.

I noticed this when i read the Vuln-Dev link to the story, but didn't
think much of it.  In this article, by Mike Magee, there are of course
the obvious journalistic touch-ups, but then there is something which
is blatantly incorrect.

One hacker on a board said that he had fired up Kismet outside a
shop last week and bought a unit with his own credit card to see
what info was transmitted.

He said that when he searched the logs he saw SQL queries and table
headers in his log including his own credit card number.

Now, from the original post: "I did indeed find a RAW clear text
credit card number....not mine ... but definately a credit card
number."

:: shrugs ::

ciao

.times enemy

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.