Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Are Crackers Behind AOL Spree?

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 04:06:26 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Matt Conover <shok () camel ethereal net>

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,50697,00.html

[...]

Members of this group recently reported two major security holes in
AOL's Instant Messenger program

In the article on wired.com it provides a link here to "AOL Fixes
Messenger Glitch" which talks about w00w00. This implies that w00w00
is the group this article is referring to, and we are not. We did not
talk to Wired about password stealing, corruption of AOL security, or
anything related to it.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.