Information Security News mailing list archives

Just a few more things...

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 06:35:59 -0500 (CDT)

OK, I lied, there is going to be news for today when I said there
wasn't, but I think I will take the rest of the week off...  :)

I want to thank the "Loyal reader of InfoSec News" who contributed
$5.00 to C4I.org/InfoSec News and was the first to do so since I
quietly added the page: http://www.c4i.org/contribute.html back in
April.

I will be spending part of my holiday weekend going through the web
site stats for the last year so I can make a nice business case for
those possibly interested in sponsoring InfoSec News.

While it would be incredible if I were to get something like the
$37,000 in donations that Rusty Foster's Kuro5hin.org [1] recieved
when they put their subscription drive in 6th gear. I'd be happy if
between sponsors, t-shirt sales, Amazon Associates, and donations I
could land around 15% of that which would go towards a dedicated 1U
server, the colocation fees with it, and implementing the various
ideas for offering more news and information from InfoSec News.
(Daily updated website, various e-mail digest modes, AvantGo,
Blackberry, Palm PQA's, etc.)

I will have a new update of C4I.org sometime this weekend, I'm sure as
always you won't be disappointed with the new selection of links.

Have a *SAFE* and wonderful holiday!

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

[1] http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/6/21/10533/6651

"Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org