Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: FAA hacked

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 04:00:37 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: "Kevin L. Poulsen" <klp () securityfocus com>
Cc: <john.pescatore () gartner com>

I don't know what John Pescatore thinks "fact checking" means, but my
contacting the FAA, confirming the hack with them, reporting on the
details and quoting their spokeman, qualifies, I think, under any
reasonable definition of the term. On the other hand, John's claim
that my piece "basically consists of snippets of email conversations
between hackers" is demonstrably false. It's a five-hundred word
story, with a single quote from the hackers' email at the end.

Kevin L. Poulsen
Editorial Director
SecurityFocus Online
klp () securityfocus com