Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Guard the Secrets, Then Catch the Spies

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 01:10:27 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>

This is not much different from many other defense programs involving
technology.....take IO....DoD still spends gobs of cash to stand up
information warfare centers that look to attack the bad guy's networks
and such, and spend prolly one tenth of that amount on protecting our
own systems.......we're the most techno-vulnerable military in the
world, yet DoD continues to run IO from an ass-backwards perspective.

What's the old saying, before you point out other folks' faults, you
should know and address your own?

Tom Baines is correct - and even Rumsfeld's plan for DoD is techno
centric.....he's so enamored with tech and remote platforms that
anything without a chipset inside (eg, HUMINT, troops, facilities,
training) is going to be secondary.

I'll wager that our CI program is no different......and the CI program
in the MOST need of serious review and re-working is at the place
charged with our national CI program.......FBI.

cheers

rick

infowarrior.org