Information Security News mailing list archives

Oops...

From: William Knowles <wk () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:54:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, William Knowles wrote:

approve c0nundrum unsubscribe ISN Pepper () madasafish com

      You bad boy.  I think you wanted to send that to majordomo.

      n0w 3y3 h4v3 j00r p455w0rd!@#$  ph33r m3, fux0r!  ;)

Yeah yeah, the joys of learning various mailing list software on the
job, with listserv I sent off a spam message, with Ezmlm I sent off a
few configuration messages from those other guys I just left, and with
all the clowns that can't keep their mailboxes empty, or parties that
can't quit their mailing lists as fast as the HR department is there
with a box in hand, and a security guard at the door, I sent off my
majordomo password. :)

I changed the password as soon as I noticed it, and to answer another
question, yes I do find myself watching 'Seven Days' if there is
nothing else on television, in fact the server that will be hosting
C4I.org will be named conundrum since it seems so fitting for
information security.

Conundrum:

1. A riddle in which a fanciful question is answered by a pun.
2. A paradoxical, insoluble, or difficult problem; a dilemma: the
   conundrum, thus far unanswered, of achieving full employment
   without inflation (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).
3. A kind of riddle based upon some fanciful or fantastic resemblance
   between things quite unlike; a puzzling question, of which the
   answer is or involves a pun.
4. a difficult problem

Now back to deleting more yahoo.com, email.com, and netscape.net
accounts. :)

Cheers!

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

"Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC