Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: SANS Security Alert. Code Red Is Set to Come Storming Back!

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 03:14:36 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded by: Kevin Doyle <kdoyle () psecu com>

I for one cannot believe the publicity this thing is getting.  I can't
tell you how many people who have home personal computers (not servers
running NT or IIS) have come up to me and said things like they would
be shutting down their computer for days or asking if they should
apply the patch.  The hype has been not only overblown, but
misleading.  We need to be careful or we as a profession will be
getting the "cry wolf" reputation.

Kevin Doyle
Information Security Manager
PSECU