Information Security News mailing list archives

Merry Christmas!

From: William Knowles <wk () C4I ORG>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 05:56:20 -0600

Well here it is, Christmas Day, The shopping is all done, The wrapping
of presents are all finished and I am sitting here (With CNN on the TV
as usual) prepping some stories for InfoSec News.

Its been a busy weekend to say the least, and it seems that my one
holiday wishes hasn't come true as far as parties defacing any .mil
and .gov websites. So I have taken the suggestion of one ISN reader,
Set the phone on vibrate, and I left it in the sock drawer for the
duration of the holiday.

I should mention that I'm a terribly hard person to get gifts for, I
have lots of neat gadgets, and I have plenty of books, (Many I have
yet to read!) I like things I get to be practical. Since I couldn't
really think of any one present I really wanted I have been telling
friends and family to give to charity.

A couple of charities that have my attention, and some $$$ are...

Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
http://www.jdf.org/

Special Operations Warrior Foundation
http://www.specialops.org/

Mines Advisory Group
http://www.mag.org.uk/

The HALO Trust
http://www.halotrust.org/

The first one is because I have a 23 month old nephew with Type I
diabetes, The second charity I became aware of from working with an
old former Green Beret Colonel who I am sure most of you in computer
security knows or knows of, and the last two I discovered recently
since I help moderate another list on various military and security
issues.

Of course I did drop a few toys in for the "Toys for Tots", and I
dropped a message to: http://www.adoptasoldier.org/ and I am looking
forward to sending boxes of Twinkies, Ho Ho's and a c4i.org shirt in
the mail to a lucky serviceperson.

Of all the jobs I have had over the years one of the most rewarding
ones I did was playing a shopping mall Santa for two seasons mainly
for the heck of it and in that time learned the true meaning of
Christmas, Its something I highly recommend to everyone once in their
lifetime to try to take the time from work and wear the big red suit.

I leave you here with something that gave me a real grin, The local
paper here published some letters to Santa Claus from 2nd and 3rd
graders, (Letters that I would get all the time playing Santa) I
thought I would republish some of them here to remind you of your own
childhood holiday memories.

Happy Holidays To You, Your Family, and Friends!

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

Dear Santa,
I would like the driving toy for my play statation Intendo with new
games of cars. Because I want to learn how to drive right now when I
am nine years old. so when I get my drier's licence I can past the
test if you can please. And a scooter please if you can. Oh
yea. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Thank you.
Noreidy M.

Dear Santa,
I wish I could have 5 boxes of sugar cookies to give out to my
friends. Thank you very much, Merry Christmas.
George P.

Dear Santa,
I wish you could send me a gold necklace for my mother. Thank you very
much. Merry Christmas.
Shammi M

Dear Santa,
Hi! How are you? I do not belive in you Sorry but I know how we get
out presents. Our Mother and Dad buy presents. If you are real may you
give me my bike back that got stolen please? give me Little Bow-wow CD
and Nelly CD and and CD plaayser. A playstation two and could you
seand a scooter please, Sorry I do not belive
write back!
Marniece

Dear Santa
I am new to this country and have just heard of you. I heard that you
give kids toys. That is so cool. That makes us happy. Hope you have a
Merry Christmas.
Love, Van

Dear Santa,
I hope you bring lot's of presents for the children of the U.S.A. I
hope you do.
Love Khayin
P.S. Santa can I have a play-station two

Dear Santa,
What I would like for Christmas is a nice dog the kind of dog not is a
black and white dog or black and brown dog, please. The second gift is
a hamster, please. The third gift is a cat for my sister, please.
That is all I want.
Casey C.

Dear Santa,
I wish everybody would be friends, The world would be a clean and fun
world.
Sammy.

Dear Santa,
I've been a very very good girl. I've been helping my mo,. Santa may I
please have for Christmas. Barbi studio, computer and make up
Mirde. My mom ant ring nuw makeup. My grandma wants makeuo and
perfeume. My grandpa could have 1,000 dollars and a shaver. My dad
wants a T-shirt. And I will give you cookie and milk.
Merry Christmas!
Francesca R.

Dear Santa,
I wish that everyone would be friends and there would be no wars.
Love Adam

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".