Information Security News mailing list archives

HWA-Security Exclusive Interview with Napster Defacer.

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 02:41:28 -0500

Forwarded By: Cruciphux <cruciphux () dok org>

[Moderators Note: An example of Pimpshiz handywork can be found at:
http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/2000/08/14/www.meau.com/ ]

http://hwa-security.net/pimpshiz.txt

This is an interview with 'pimpshiz' who reportedly defaced over 60
sites in a pro-napster social disobedience action. The cracker has
been in mainstream media and mentioned on HNN, SugarKing was able to
get this interview for your enlightenment and edification, enjoy -
Cruci.

(c) 2000 by SugarKing/HWA-Security

Please credit http://hwa-security.net as source if you use any part or
all of this transcript. Thanks

Cruciphux/HWA

[ - Session Start - (EDITED SLIGHTLY) -]

SugarKing: getting quite the media attention eh?
Pimpshiz: why do you say that
SugarKing: haha, don't you read HNN?
Pimpshiz: no
SugarKing: well you're on alot
Pimpshiz: oh lol
Pimpshiz: yeah but that intern talks shit
Pimpshiz: pyle or whatever
SugarKing: APB News did an article on you
SugarKing: are you really an 11 year-old?
Pimpshiz: no lol
SugarKing: lol yeah I figured that
SugarKing: you shouldn't of left your aol account on your defacements
Pimpshiz: too late
SugarKing: yep
SugarKing: you're gonna get busted dude, heh
SugarKing: by doing that
Pimpshiz: maybe
SugarKing: maybe if they don't wish to pursue you, but if they want to
they are gonna get you

Pimpshiz: yeah
SugarKing: i haven't seen you deface lately, all done?
Pimpshiz: yeah, for the time being
SugarKing: good idea
Pimpshiz: hheheehe
SugarKing: As if the pro-Napster defacements of random web sites
weren't silly enough already, there's a new twist in the case. The individual
who claims responsibility for the attacks (a.k.a. Pimpshiz -- now also
claiming to be an 11 year-old girl) warns officials that his/her/its
arrest will lead to revenge attacks by his/her/its buddies. If the threats have any
truth to them, they will only lead to more charges against the vandal.

SugarKing: heh
SugarKing: http://www.apbnews.com/newscenter/breakingnews/2000/08/18/hacker0818_01.html

SugarKing: there's one story on you
Pimpshiz: i already read that
Pimpshiz: got anymore?
SugarKing: lemme look
Pimpshiz: k
SugarKing: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20000817/tc/napster_fan_hacks_dozens_of_sites_2.html

Pimpshiz: got it
Pimpshiz: same as the apbnews one isnt it
SugarKing: not really
SugarKing: they say similiar things, but different site and article
Pimpshiz: any others?
SugarKing: hmm no
Pimpshiz: k
Pimpshiz: someone found a CNN one on me yesterday
SugarKing: oh
Pimpshiz: pcworld, computerworld
Pimpshiz: zdnet
Pimpshiz: internet.com wants to interview me on their radio station today

SugarKing: and are you going to?
Pimpshiz: not sure yet
SugarKing: honestly, I wouldn't
SugarKing: unless you plan on telling them your done defacing
Pimpshiz: yeah, dunno cus what if they ask me somethin unexpected
that i cant answer

SugarKing: yeah that too
Pimpshiz: but then again
Pimpshiz: it'd be just tite
Pimpshiz: to give shouts at the end
SugarKing: hahah, it's gonna be tight when your ass is caught by the
FBI

Pimpshiz: hehehe yeah
Pimpshiz: ill be like "yo lemme get shouts to my boys in the west,
RSH, hackweiser, the FBI, the CIA, the NIPC"

Pimpshiz: ;x
SugarKing: haha
SugarKing: i've never heard of you till this napster thing, your
obviously new to the scene

Pimpshiz: what scene
Pimpshiz: defacing scene?
SugarKing: yeah
Pimpshiz: lol
Pimpshiz: yeah, but to everything else im from 95
Pimpshiz: been programming since 96
SugarKing: oh so you program?
Pimpshiz: lol yes
Pimpshiz: im certified professional in like 6 things
SugarKing: so you're not just another NT kiddie?
Pimpshiz: id show you my online transcript but it has my personal info
Pimpshiz: and no
Pimpshiz: lol
Pimpshiz: i guess not
SugarKing: 11 year-old girl, lol....so your not in your teens either I
imagine?

Pimpshiz: im 16
Pimpshiz: not 11
Pimpshiz: and im a guy
SugarKing: hahah i figured that
SugarKing: i don't think an 11 year-old girl can hack nasa
Pimpshiz: hehehe
SugarKing: He wrote in a series of e-mails to ZDNet News that hacking
the sites was easy and he was able to exploit "obvious" holes.

SugarKing: what did you exploit anyways?
Pimpshiz: hahaha that was a lie
Pimpshiz: i didnt write that shit
SugarKing: haha
Pimpshiz: thats hellllllllla funny
Pimpshiz: cus it sure as fuck was not easy rofl
SugarKing: i don't think it was a common hole anyways
SugarKing: yeah i would figure that
Pimpshiz: its undocumented
SugarKing: you find it yourself?
SugarKing: the hole
Pimpshiz: yeah
SugarKing: cool
SugarKing: The alleged hacktivist who may have defaced as many as 60
Web sites in the past week with a Pro-Napster screed now warns that
fellow hackers will unleash widespread cyberattacks if federal authorities
attempt to collar any suspects.

SugarKing: lol you say that one?
Pimpshiz: yeah
Pimpshiz: but i didnt conspire it
Pimpshiz: someone told me and i relayed it
SugarKing: ah
SugarKing: Ray Kaplan, a computer security consultant at Guardent Inc.
in St. Paul, Minn., said the defacements appear to be nothing new or
original. It's the same old penetration, he said. You figure out what software
people are running, and go find the exploit and take advantage of it.

SugarKing: lol
Pimpshiz: lol yeah, even microsoft thinks im using the SQL default pw
SugarKing: hah
SugarKing: so when do you plan on clarifying all these things, own
exploit, not 11 year-old, etc

Pimpshiz: dunno yet
SugarKing666: http://www.hwa-security.net/index0.html mind if I
clarify some of it on there? i won't if you don't want to

Pimpshiz: yeah go ahead
SugarKing: cool thanks
SugarKing: what is service is your exploit for?
Pimpshiz: cant say
Pimpshiz: no details.

END

(c) 2000 SugarKing/HWA-Security

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".