Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Sci-Fi and Innovation

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:11:25 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joe Touch <touch () strayalpha com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Sci-Fi and Innovation
Date: October 10, 2018 13:06:52 JST
To: David Jack Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip <ip () listbox com>

As billionaire vampire Peter Thiel put it, “We wanted flying cars, instead we got 140 characters.”

And we wanted an end to income imbalance, instead we got PayPal.

A message to Mr. Thiel: You want innovation? You first.

Can we please instead listen to advice from someone who actually innovates*?

Joe

*don’t get me wrong. I think it’s great he is helping use his economic expertise to help others who innovate, but I
don’t see his track record as reason to hear his opinions on innovation.
This message was sent to the list address and trashed, but can be found online.
<https://www.listbox.com/login/messages/view/20181010001016:62EDDD06-CC42-11E8-9A85-A37D26421A53/>