Interesting People mailing list archives

Declaration of Internet Rights (Italian Parliament)

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 17:25:47 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: "J.C. DE MARTIN" <demartin () polito it>
Date: October 6, 2018 21:23:49 JST
To: Dave Farber <farber () gmail com>
Subject: Declaration of Internet Rights (Italian Parliament)

Dear Dr. Farber,

For the IP list, if you wish:

Three years ago the Italian Parliament issued a Declaration
of Internet Rights that was the result of one year of work by a
study commission (half MPs, half experts - I was one of the latter),
extensive hearings and a major public consultation.

The Declaration is available in several languages here:
http://www.camera.it/leg17/1179

Direct link to the English version:
http://www.camera.it/application/xmanager/projects/leg17/commissione_internet/testo_definitivo_inglese.pdf

In November 2015 the Declaration was presented at
the Internet Governance Forum in Brazil and since then
it has been referenced by several other initiatives, including
by acts of the European Parliament.

Since I believe that the Declaration is still very relevant today,
it may provide some food for thought for current discussions.

Many thanks,
greetings from Cambridge (MA),

juan carlos de martin

prof. juan carlos de martin
nexa center for internet & society / faculty co-director
politecnico di torino - italy
http://nexa.polito.it