Interesting People mailing list archives

Re *** Comcast 'blocks' an encrypted email service: Yet another reminder why net neutrality matters

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:42:08 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () comcast com>
Date: March 13, 2018 at 1:36:59 PM EDT
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Comcast 'blocks' an encrypted email service: Yet another reminder why net neutrality matters

Dave - For IP. All connections between Comcast and Tutanota were operating properly, and we could see no evidence of
a problem. We also have no record of any sort of security-related incident that may have triggered an issue.
We're talking with them (see https://twitter.com/TutanotaTeam/status/973500661303214080) about this so that we can
help figure this out with them. The only modestly detailed report that I could find was on Reddit where one user said
that they could connect to the site but then authentication failed, but that's not much to go on either.
We will continue to investigate, but without further information it's not clear what caused the reported issue.
- Jason Livingood / Comcast