Interesting People mailing list archives

AT&T and NSA Have Built a “Spy-Web”

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:00:39 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hasan Diwan <hasan.diwan () gmail com>
Date: July 19, 2018 at 11:43:31 GMT+9
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>
Subject: AT&T and NSA Have Built a “Spy-Web”

Prof Farber,
[for IP, should you so deem]

Article can be found at https://spyadvice.com/att-nsa-have-built-spy-web/

My thoughts on this. On one hand, I recognize the need to keep us safe
from Johnny Foreigner (or Mohammed Foreigner). On the other, I am also
aware of the ease by which Hasan Diwan can be mistaken for said
Mohamed Foreigner.

I was in London in 2003, and the US security at Heathrow had a laugh
when they suggested that instead of returning to SFO for work, whether
I'd be willing to extend my vacation -- in Cuba. I didn't inquire
further, but I assumed they meant Guantanamo Bay.

Further, I highly doubt that I would have been joked with in such a
manner had my name been Alan Smith, rather than Hasan Diwan. -- H
--
If you wish to request my time, please do so using bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest.

Sent from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable