Interesting People mailing list archives

Do you trust this computer?

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 13:42:03 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Date: April 7, 2018 at 1:19:27 PM EDT
To: Multiple recipients of Dewayne-Net <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Do you trust this computer?

[Note:  This item comes from friend Ed DeWath.  Again, the window to view this video on YouTube is just this weekend.
 Have at it!  DLH]

Do you trust this computer?
By Elon Musk
Apr 6 2018
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_McBS1NlHJM>

Elon Musk - who believes artificial intelligence could help trigger the next world war - has issued another severe
warning about how super-intelligent machines could come to dominate the world. Those super computers could become "an
immortal dictator from which we would never escape," Musk passionately warns in the new documentary "Do You Trust
This Computer?"

In the documentary, directed by Chris Paine (the man behind 2006's "Who Killed The Electric Car?"), Musk joins a
growing chorus of experts warning that intelligent machines are already fundamentally changing our society by
amassing personal data, advancing science and medicine and beginning to create new forms of super intelligence.

Musk paid for "Do You Trust This Computer" to be streamed free on YouTube over the weekend.

Dewayne-Net RSS Feed: http://dewaynenet.wordpress.com/feed/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wa8dzp