Interesting People mailing list archives

Tim Wu: How Twitter Killed the First Amendment

From: "DAVID FARBER" <dfarber () me com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 01:29:21 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: October 27, 2017 at 10:36:54 PM EDT
To: nnsquad () nnsquad org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] Tim Wu: How Twitter Killed the First Amendment

Tim Wu: How Twitter Killed the First Amendment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/opinion/twitter-first-amendment.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

   You need not be a media historian to notice that we live in a
   golden age of press harassment, domestic propaganda and
   coercive efforts to control political debate. The Trump White
   House repeatedly seeks to discredit the press, threatens to
   strip broadcasters of their licenses and calls for the firing
   of journalists and football players for speaking their minds.
   A foreign government tries to hack our elections, and
   journalists and public speakers are regularly attacked by
   vicious, online troll armies whose aim is to silence opponents ...