Interesting People mailing list archives

AT&T pulls Google, YouTube ads over extremist videos

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:46:29 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: March 22, 2017 at 2:40:03 PM EDT
To: nnsquad () nnsquad org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] AT&T pulls Google, YouTube ads over extremist videos

AT&T pulls Google, YouTube ads over extremist videos

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/03/22/att-pulls-google-youtube-ads-over-offensive-content/99497194/

     AT&T says it's pulling its business from Google and YouTube
   despite the Internet giant's pledge this week to keep
   offensive and extremist content away from ads.  AT&T said that
   it is halting all of its ad spending on Google except for
   search ads. That means AT&T ads will not run on Google's video
   service YouTube and on a couple million websites that take
   part in Google's ad network.  "We are deeply concerned that
   our ads may have appeared alongside YouTube content promoting
   terrorism and hate," the company said in an emailed statement.
   "Until Google can ensure this won't happen again, we are
   removing our ads from Google's non-search platforms."

- - -

REFERENCE: "How Google's YouTube Spreads Hate" -

https://lauren.vortex.com/2017/03/19/how-googles-youtube-spreads-hate