Interesting People mailing list archives

AP Mobile: New cyberattack causes mass disruption in Europe

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:57:37 -0400

When are we going to recognize that while the Internet was a major addition to the world, it was no designed to be
secure. It uses components that were no designed to be secure BUT  I claimed in a Stanford talk

https://youtu.be/wCl-bKaER-s

That there is a path to fix at least those critical areas that make them much much more robust.

Dave

New cyberattack causes mass disruption in Europe

PARIS (AP) - A new and highly virulent outbreak of malicious data-scrambling software appears to be causing mass
disruption a...

Read the full story

Sent from AP Mobile. Download now on the App Store or Google Play