Interesting People mailing list archives

re "The Real Name Fallacy"

From: "David Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 08:48:38 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gary Johnston <JOHNSTON () nku edu>
Subject: Re: [IP] "The Real Name Fallacy"
Date: January 8, 2017 at 7:35:44 AM EST
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>

I recall a telecommunications conference I attended around 1984 in Atlanta. While discussing this same problem to a
packed room, then FCC Commissioner John Johnston referred to online communications as "the great disinhibitor."
Anonymous or not, seems not much has changed. So this points to the difference being either face-to-face or behind a
screen safe from being punched.

/Gary/

Sent from Gary's iPhone 6 Plus.