Interesting People mailing list archives

Fwdre What more bullying can Thiel et seq. do

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 00:33:36 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Synthesis:Law and Technology <synthesis.law.and.technology () gmail com>
Date: Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] What more bullying can Thiel et seq. do
To: <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip <ip () listbox com>

Dave,

People who profess ignorance of the law should not be making sweeping
statements such as calling the court system a 'fact free zone'.  If
the case ended up with a verdict that David Richardson didn't like,
don't blame the courts.  The plaintiff made their case.  The
defendants did not.  The court agreed with the plaintiff.  Both sides
were represented by competent counsel.  What Theil did was choose
wisely and helped out with a totally winnable case.  Yes, the courts
sometimes do make mistakes but there is no evidence to suggest it in
this instance.  Where are the legal commentators pointing out errors?
A google search, (easy to do) should find them easily.  Silence.  This
is because the case was winnable for the plaintiff.  It is as simple
as that.  And on what did the court have to base the decision on?
Facts.  Facts and the law.  The law states "if you do this, you will
be liable".  The plaintiff had facts to support that the defendant had
indeed done "this".

I see no point in dealing with the rest of the e-mail given that it
was written in apparent ignorance.

Dan