Interesting People mailing list archives

re Ariz. college using RFID for the appearance of class attendance

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 11:26:23 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Frankston <bob2-39 () bobf frankston com>
Date: May 4, 2010 7:41:24 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, 'ip' <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: RE: [IP] re Ariz. college using RFID for the appearance of class attendance

What makes this especially worrisome is that we aren’t even requirin g real proof – so we are putting people under surveillance knowing t hat it’s a charade.

Is this a “presumed guilty” attitude? What could have a more chilling effect on thinking outside the box putting lawyers in contr ol.

I’m very afraid of those who are very afraid.

Next I’ll told that I must read through 100 page legal agreements be fore going to a web page?