Interesting People mailing list archives

Do we have to keep making the same mistakes?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:44:08 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak () dimebank com>
Date: March 14, 2010 10:43:48 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Do we have to keep making the same mistakes?

Dave,

For IP if you wish, though it's hard to write this in a way that doesn't include cheap shots at all the "smart folks" at Google.

I set the alarm on my Nexus One last night (pre-DST) to go off at 0700 (post-DST). I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and noticed that the phone had, indeed, made the time transition properly.

But when I awoke at 0710, I grumbled about the inadequately loud alarm ring tone ... and then noticed that the one-time 0700 alarm was still set. I didn't wait to see if it would go off at 0800...

How annoying.

chris