Interesting People mailing list archives

Does anybody know?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:52:09 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Randall Webmail <rvh40 () insightbb com>
Date: March 24, 2010 12:07:58 PM EDT
To: cybertelecom-l () listserv aol com, dave () farber net
Subject: Does anybody know?

I just received an email seeking response to a survey, ostensibly about my iPhone experience. The email came from "att- research.com", which has the following whois information:

"Registrant:
Market In View LLC
112 Large Oaks Drive
Cary, NC 27511
US

Domain name: ATT-RESEARCH.COM

Administrative Contact:
Gast, William william_gast () bellsouth net
112 Large Oaks Drive
Cary, NC 27511
US
+1.9192714391 Fax:

Technical Contact:
Gast, William william_gast () bellsouth net
112 Large Oaks Drive
Cary, NC 27511
US
+1.9192714391 Fax:

Registrar of Record: MISK.COM
Record last updated on 2008-Oct-25.
Record expires on 2011-Jan-20.
Record created on 2007-Jan-20.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.LUNARSERVERS.COM
NS2.LUNARSERVERS.COM

Sure, AT&T may have contracted with a third-party survey firm, but it looks hinkey to me. (I did not click the "Take this Survey" link).

Google doesn't look to have too much info about this web site. Does anyone know its bonafides?