Interesting People mailing list archives

Apple's Worst Security Breach: 114,000 iPad Owners Exposed

From: dfarber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

Begin forwarded message:
From: Jim Warren <jwarren () well com>
Date: June 09, 2010 05:50:20 PM
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Apple's Worst Security Breach: 114,000 iPad Owners Exposed

VALLEYWAG reports:

"The breach ... exposed the most exclusive email list on the planet, a collection of early-adopter iPad 3G subscribers that includes thousands of A-listers in finance, politics and media, from New York Times Co. CEO Janet Robinson to Diane Sawyer of ABC News to film mogul Harvey Weinstein to Mayor Michael Bloomberg. It even appears that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel's information was compromised.

"It doesn't stop there. According to the data we were given by the web security group that exploited vulnerabilities on the AT&T network, we believe 114,000 user accounts have been compromised ..."

http://bit.ly/9TDXOu

<sigh> --jim; Jim Warren, open-govt & tech-civlib advocate & sometime columnist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Warren
justjim36 on twitter | Jim Warren on Facebook