Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: "Net Neutrality: Towards a Co-Regulatory Solution"

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:28:50 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rob Frieden <rmf5 () psu edu>
Date: January 31, 2010 6:03:34 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] "Net Neutrality: Towards a Co-Regulatory Solution"

Hello All:

       One of the real joys in having an academic post lies in the opportunity to read the scholarly and applied
literature on issues of interest.  I have read a proof copy of Professor Marsden's book and I most certainly do not
consider it a "travesty."  Notwithstanding the wonderful contributions of rural wireless ISPs, I too have challenged
the notion that most Americans have double digit broadband access options as "corroborated" by FCC zip code based
"statistics".

    Regardless of what and how we debate about network neutrality in the U.S., Professor Marsden provides a refreshing
perspective from afar.  He reminds us that the Internet is global and the issues pertaining to the network neutrality
debate matter to more than U.S. stakeholders and  the participants in this listserv.

       Regards,

       Rob Frieden

--
Pioneers Chair and Professor of Telecommunications and Law
Penn State University