Interesting People mailing list archives

Hacker 'Mudge' gets DARPA job - CNet- 2-10-10

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:47:11 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Josh Duberman <pivotalinfo () usa net>
Date: February 11, 2010 11:41:46 AM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Hacker 'Mudge' gets DARPA job - CNet- 2-10-10

Hi Dave - for IP, if you like  - best - Josh

Hacker 'Mudge' gets DARPA job - Elinor Mills - CNet- 2-10-10
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10450552-245.html?tag=mncol
"Peiter Zatko--a respected hacker known as "Mudge"--has been tapped to be a program manager at DARPA, where he will be
in charge of funding research designed to help give the U.S. government tools needed to protect against cyberattacks,
CNET has learned.

Zatko will become a program manager in mid-March within the Strategic Technologies Office at DARPA (Defense Advanced
Research Projects Agency), which is the research and development office for the Department of Defense. His focus will
be cybersecurity, he said in an interview with CNET on Tuesday.
One of his main goals will be to fund researchers at hacker spaces, start-ups, and boutiques who are most likely to
develop technologies that can leapfrog what comes out of large corporations. "I want revolutionary changes. I don't
want evolutionary ones," he said...."
rest at  http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10450552-245.html?tag=mncol
--
Josh Duberman
Pivotalinfo LLC | pivotalinfo () usa net | 425-591-8200