Interesting People mailing list archives

new from Kindle

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:56:22 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "James J. O'Donnell" <provost () georgetown edu>
Date: April 4, 2010 5:41:03 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: new from Kindle

Dave, today on Amazon, they offer free downloadable software to read
you Kindle books on PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Blackberry.  I tested
the PC and it works well:  easy install, easy to use.  Essentially,
your downloaded-from-Amazon books are now in the cloud and you can
access them on the device of your choice.  That actually increases the
value of the books and must be an Amazon move in the price war and war
for publishers with Apple, though it makes it easier for a Kindle
owner to switch to iPad if the device is your first concern.  With
larger screen and better resolution, I found reading on the PC screen
more pleasant!

Jim O'Donnell