Interesting People mailing list archives

Google and Brett from Cerf

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:31:14 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Vint Cerf <vint () google com>
Date: October 26, 2009 8:27:57 PM EDT
Subject: for NN and IP

Brett,

this is what I got back when I explored the problem with your ad:

"Google is committed to providing users with relevant, high-quality ads that contribute to a good experience. As part of this, an ad's destination URL is required to work properly and link to a working webpage; it cannot link to a file that requires an additional program or application to open or run.

Your ad was disapproved because your destination URL linked to a PDF file, which violates our policy.

To have your ad approved, please make sure that your destination URL complies with all of our guidelines for destination URLs athttp://adwords.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=guidelines.cs&answer=47174 . You can then resubmit your ad for approval by following the directions athttp://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py? hl=en&answer=6273."

Lauren and Dave, would you also put this up on your respective lists?